THE ULTIMATE DIY HANDBOOK

Thread: How does this look for stand with rooms for terraniums?

Post Thanks / Like

How does this look for stand with rooms for terraniums?

Just a basic design so far for how the meat of the stand will be constructed. The tank would be 60"x18"x20"tall. On top would also be plywood (1/2 or 3/4"?), as well as the sides. The right side is for my corn snake, and the two sections on the left will be for two separate leopard geckos. Likely just plywood to frame between these, I just have to figure out what materials are ok for reptiles as I heard regular plywood could be bad. Then I was thinking of installing sliding glass doors for each and a dark stain to finish it all off.

Anything wrong with the supports and design for the tank? Should hold about 95 gallons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6486.JPG  

Post Thanks / Like
    That will work beautifully!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, looks fine and should work well...

The only change I would make and it's almost entirely aesthetics is to move the defacto 'center' bridging brace to the center of the longer opening vs being in the center of the entire stand...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I purposely offset the centre so that the snake cage can be a more ideal 36"x18" and the geckos don't need much room. Just the one 2x4 between the top and bottom perimeter boards should be enough for centre support, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daven Click here to enlarge
    Thanks guys! I purposely offset the centre so that the snake cage can be a more ideal 36"x18" and the geckos don't need much room. Just the one 2x4 between the top and bottom perimeter boards should be enough for centre support, right?
    You misunderstood the part I was talking about...

Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh I getcha now. Yeah, I mean for those to be spaced more evenly. Honestly, that was the last part I drew and it was supposed to be spaced the same as the other side :P I'd measure it to be 20" from either side or whatever it ends up being even as so the plywood will be supported evenly.