Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay...

Post Thanks / Like

Ebay...

I buy A LOT of stuff on Ebay each month, and have for years...

Anyway about 99% of all my transactions have gone very smooth for years, never an issue... But, in the last 6 months I have given out my first negative feedbacks, after many years with no real issues that were not resolved...

It's trivial stuff, but that is what irks me the most... I would normally just brush it off and not give any feedback as long as the seller seemed to care and attempted to take care of it, the 'if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything' mentality has it's limits though...

One that irked me real bad about a month ago, I ordered a $7 replacement gold plated side battery post with an accessory take off nut, for my Hummer as the one on there was in bad shape... It's only $7, not a big deal, but after 10 days of waiting I had not received it, I looked at the tracking and there were no updates for the last 7 days... So proactively I contact the seller and explain that I have not received the item yet and tracking shows it not moving, suggesting it might be lost... Go figure as soon as I send that email the tracking shows some movement, so the guy gets back to me and says it's moving again just be patient... Not a problem, then the tracking all the sudden shows 'delivered' the next day, since I work from home I know full well there was no delivery attempt as I didn't have the item... So I email the seller back and explain that I know it says delivered by I never received it, and suggest maybe it was delivered to the wrong house, he replies back with three words 'It was delivered' and he not me instantly escalates my 'dispute' to a claim for non-delivery... Ebay not the seller refunds me under some 'Ebay customer goodwill' program... So I go and leave feedback stating such... The guy has the nerve to email me back the next day telling me that since the item was delivered (even though I told him it wasn't) and since Ebay refunded me I should change my feedback to positive since I got the item and my money back... I had a WTF moment...

This week I'm waiting for some 'glow sticks' for the kids on the 4th, they were supposed to arrive on the 23rd, they didn't... UPS said back on the 22nd that due to bad weather they were delaying delivery... Well come the 30th and still no delivery or even an update on UPS tracking, I email the seller and explain that I have not received them and it's well past the expected delivery date... Their reply was 'Can you wait a little longer?' or if I wanted they would refund me the money and re-invoice when the tracking showed delivery... The 'can you wait' irked me invalidating anything else they offered after that, and Paypal gives me a net 14 days to pay on all purchases anyway using the 'Pay After Delivery' customer perk, so I had not even paid for them yet anyway... The glow sticks finally arrive today the 1st basically 10 days late... So I go and leave neutral feedback for slow shipping and a lack of concern when I contacted them, mostly because of the annoying initial response from them... Within minutes I get another email all the sudden offering me a $6 refund for the inconvenience, if I change the feedback, so now they are concerned? Another WTF moment...

And on the UPS delivery subject I get pretty much weekly Amazon Prime deliveries, UPS and FedEx are at my house all the time... But, a few weeks ago I'm expecting 2 packages that say out for delivery on UPS's tracking... So I'm waiting around on a Friday for the packages and all the sudden tracking says ''Invalid Address" for both packages... So I contact Amazon and they confirm nothing is wrong with the address, I call UPS and they tell me that the driver is not back yet, so they don't know what the issue is... About an hour later they call me back and admit that nothing is wrong with the address and it will be delivered on Monday, I ask why it wasn't delivered today like it was supposed to be since there was nothing wrong with the address? They tell me the driver stated the address was incorrect and thus he couldn't deliver (but admit it was a substitute driver) a nice circulatory response not accepting any fault, they really got defensive when I asked why they allow their drivers to lie and not make deliveries on time... So I contact Amazon to see what their guaranteed delivery policy is exactly, and like a top notch company (unlike UPS that actually blew it and was at fault) they go overboard, even more than I would ever ask for or expected, they refund me the TOTAL amount for one item ($20) and give me a month more free prime ($8.25) for my trouble even though it was clearly UPS's fault...

Anyway my rant off...

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you be willing to share the names of the unscrupulous ebay sellers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave up eBay a long time ago. I got started with eBay in the late '90s. Didn't buy a whole lot, but liked the concept and had no real issues. At some point feedback became the stock in trade rather than actual products, with sellers having 5000000 positive feedback scores. This seems like a good thing until you find out that the reason they are so high is that they do things like you experienced. Buying the positive feedback, or outright blackmailing it. I view feedback as a good thing/bad thing method. Either it was a noteworthy transaction or it was a really bad one. The last 2 things I bought on eBay resulted in what I would call average transactions. I ordered and paid for an item, and received said item in the expected time. Nothing noteworthy or exceptional. Then I get an e-mail from the seller saying that he has left me positive feedback and expects me to do the same and that if I don't he will reverse his positive feedback and complain to someone about it. I put a neutral feedback about the e-mail and received a complaint e-mail again threatening negative feedback if I didn't remove the neutral feedback.

So I gave up eBay and haven't looked back.

Just my $.02
    Z

Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse shipment from anybody going UPS had to many busted items / left at wrong address items / and 2 never received items, the BIG BROWN means 1 thing to me and 1 thing only if it is BROWN it stinks.

My last shipment changed the truck delivery from UPS to Fed-ex as long as I did not expect delivery in 1 to 2 days, I said sure take 2 weeks just do not allow UPS to so much as look at my packages.

OH I am only going to say I refuse to buy on Ebay anymore for any reason - I drove 1.5 hours round trip to buy it because Ebay was only seller.

Amazon don't have it I drive to buy it - UPS delivery you keep the items.

Here is a fun fact it has been happening for over 6 months and still happens to this day - very old neighbor guy gets his meds by UPS, they come to my house drivers never wait they drop "I mean a standing release to my porch floor" then hit my door 1 time then run for the truck. Knowing full well not at the correct address. Company rep lady asked if I needed somebody to come pick up the package the next day, the call escalated from there.
    By the time the head - head - head dude called me back it did not go well for him at all, I told make sure to make sure to tell all UPS drives next time 1 of the steps on my property I will take it as a hostile threat and use "Castle Law" to remove said threat since UPS reps are trespassing.
    Life and Attitude are a choice the real question is are you making a Good One.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zombie13 Click here to enlarge
    Then I get an e-mail from the seller saying that he has left me positive feedback and expects me to do the same and that if I don't he will reverse his positive feedback and complain to someone about it. I put a neutral feedback about the e-mail and received a complaint e-mail again threatening negative feedback if I didn't remove the neutral feedback.
    Many years ago Ebay changed feedback, sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, they can leave positive or none at all... Even if the buyer doesn't pay you still can't leave negative, all you can do is report them to Ebay get your listing feed back and Ebay will put a hidden 'non-payment strike' on their account and eventually ban them if they get too many strikes... As a seller if you attempt to leave a faux positive feedback with negative text, the buyer can easily have it removed and you will get a strike on your seller account for violating feedback policy... The only good thing is as a seller you can block buyers that have a non-payment history even though the 'strikes' are hidden...

As I said I get a lot of packages delivered and over the decades I can say with 100% certainty that UPS by far has the worst track record and worst customer service out of all carriers I have used... And back at the instance above, when I inquired about potential repercussions of the driver deliberately lying about the 'incorrect address' so it didn't happen again or become a repeat thing, the customer service rep actually pulled out the union card and told me there is nothing they can do because the drivers are union...

Post Thanks / Like
    So my Ebay bad luck and no after the sale support continues...

I ordered one of these to fabricate a license plate light and bracket for one of those trailer hitch carrier racks since it blocks the license plate on the vehicle when in use, this way I can mount the plate on the carrier rack and be visible, also installing trailer lights on the rack just because... Anyway...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-5M-50CM-12...:X:RTQ:US:1123

I ordered the 5630/cool white one for $4.26 delivered... It showed up wrapped in some bubble wrap that was then covered in a skin of packing tape, no box, no tube no actual packaging to speak of, just bubble wrap and tape... Some of the LEDs are literally cracked in half, killing one segment entirely...

Click here to enlarge

So once again I figure I will give the seller an honest chance to do me good before I leave feedback... I send them the above picture and explain that the item arrived broken/defective and doesn't function properly, and that I was contacting them prior to leaving feedback as their auction said that they are committed to customer service when the buyer is dissatisfied...

This is their reply after sending them the photo and explaining the item was defective, also worth noting it took three days for them to reply...

"refund 10% discount to you. fast solve this questions. is ok?"

Needless to say they got a nasty email back explaining that they just literally insulted me further by offering me a measly 42 penny refund as compensation for an item that was delivered damaged/broken due to their utterly poor packaging... It's a light, it has a single purpose, if it doesn't light properly it's broken...

I guess we will see where it goes from here, I'm not holding my breath, looks like I'll be giving more negative feedback...

Post Thanks / Like
    Three days for reply,42 cents for a discount.

Click here to enlarge...Come on you know how this is going to end...Click here to enlarge

Post Thanks / Like
    I have slowed on eBay due to the global shipping program and the Canadian dollar sucking the fat one. So I won't order from the US anymore due to the Global Shipping Program (unless the seller doesn't use it) and I rarely order anything in US funds due to the exchange rate. I have pretty much stopped using eBay sadly.
    Support your local fish store or you will not have one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HillbillyHomer Click here to enlarge
    Three days for reply,42 cents for a discount.

Click here to enlarge...Come on you know how this is going to end...Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, since it's now been 24 hours and no reply again, it appears it's time to open up another dispute and file a negative feedback... Sadly due to US shipping cost as soon as they demand I send it back for replacement it will cost more to send it back then it cost to buy, meaning they rarely honor their return for full price policy, especially if I actually put it in a box instead of packing tape and bubble wrap...

On another note the local NAPA fell flat on their face today for me... Dropped off two rear knuckles/hubs from our Lexus to have them press in new bearings yesterday morning about 9AM... They told me that technically the machine shop is closed on Sundays but they would have it ready first thing Monday morning... So tonight (Monday) about 30 minutes before they close (not first thing in the morning) I show up to pick them up, and there they sit on the machine shop counter exactly where I left them, untouched... Consider this they were in a box, with the new bearings, and new dust seals as well as a note with my name and phone number... Their excuse was the machine shop guy called in and no one there knew what needed to be done... I looked at the guy straight in the face and said "Come on, there is a box with two new bearing and 4 new dust seals, as well as the knuckle/hub with obvious bad bearings sitting on the machine shop counter, as well as note with my name and phone number, what do you think needed to be done?" They guys says "Obviously the new bearings needed to be installed" I just shook my head in disbelief...

Asked to talk to a manager while they did the job since I was going to have to wait anyway, the manager completely avoided me for the 30 minutes it took the guy to do the job... The guy goes to ring me up when the guy I told to get the manager for me interrupts him and says I'm waiting to talk to the manager still... Probably to save their own butts they looked at each other and said "How about we just charge you for the parts not the machine shop labor..."

At least they did something to right the wrong, still frustrating though...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    I have slowed on eBay due to the global shipping program
    Yeah some of the new shipping policies are horrid, the every popular 'Fast and Free' shipping where you don't get a shipping choice can be frustrating... Especially for many of the large volume sellers that use 'Last Mile' service, aka they ship FedEx or UPS and instead of them dropping it off at your house they drop it off at your post office for the USPS to deliver to your door... They claim it's faster but I have NEVER found that to be true, it seems to always be slower...

Post Thanks / Like
    The big change to Canada for the global shipping program is the cost of duty fees for every item purchased. So it adds about 20% to the cost of every item you buy from the states. And its slower. The seller ships it to the global shipping location which then ships it to me. Instead of the seller just shipping it to me directly. So I pay more for shipping and it takes longer.....great...

Sucks to hear about your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    As expected, they want me to return the item now before they will refund me any money or work with me further, so another negative feedback on it's way...

FYI The cheapest way to ship it back to them based on the USPS site is $10.20, I could literally keep this broken one and buy two more new ones from another seller and still have money in my pocket vs what it cost to ship the broken one back...

**Edit I just reviewed Ebay's newer 'Money Back Guarantee' policy and return policy and it clearly states that if the item is not as described (this includes broken and defective) that the seller is obligated to pay the return shipping as well as refund or replace...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html
    If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy.
    So I opened an official return dispute with Ebay so the seller can now pay the additional $10.20 (or more) return shipping cost in addition to refunding me the original $4.26 Click here to enlarge I'm hopeful they come to their senses and just refund or replace the broken item as that is all I really want done...

Great return policy for buyers as long as it's not abused, although I'm sure sellers hate it beyond reproach when it gets enforced upon them...
    Last edited by Meep; 07-28-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

When the item isn't as described:

If you return an item because it's not as described in the listing, arrives damaged, or is missing parts, then your refund is:

Click here to enlarge
    In these situations, the seller can't charge a restocking fee and the seller pays the return shipping charges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you just know it would't go smooth... The seller appears to only answer their emails once a day or even once every two or three days, I have yet to get two responses in a day even if I reply within minutes of their email... Anyway the seller 'authorized' my return in the dispute and I now have 5 days to return it, but apparently aka conveniently they neglected to actually issue me the pre-paid return shipping label so I can ship it back like they are supposed to... So now when I log into my dispute it tells me to again contact the seller so they can now issue me a return shipping label since they authorized the return but failed to issue the return label... So I wait another day or more and hope they actually issue me the label... You would think that the Ebay system would force them to issue the label as soon as they authorize the return, and not allow them to delay things further...

I still think the seller is an idiot, why they are demanding I return the item at a shipping cost of $10 so they get back a broken item that was only $4.26 delivered just baffles me... That puts them negative $14.26 instead of negative $4.26...

Oh well, I suspect I might be on the phone with Ebay customer support over this return before it's done as it says they will issue me a return label and charge the seller if the seller doesn't issue one...
    Last edited by Meep; 07-29-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of curiosity whats the feedback rating on this seller?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the seller didn't respond today for my request for a pre-paid return label, gee no surprise there, so I sent another request since it's all being logged by Ebay in the dispute... It appears Ebay requires I send it back with tracking, and after a brief talk with the Post Office today, it appears the cheapest route would be First Class International Parcel stacked with a Registered Mail upgrade, all for the small price of just under $27 postage...

I suspect the lack of communication is their end game, in hopes people just suck it up as a lose and don't finish the dispute...

Ebay says I have to give them until the 31st to deliver the label before I escalate, once I escalate it appears Ebay will make me a return label and charge his account...

The seller has a 97.5% feedback and honestly it's pretty much inline with most bulk Asian sellers, few of them actually have great feedback Click here to enlarge

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackAsSeller
    Last edited by Meep; 07-29-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Giving negative feedback get them moving usually.
    If laughter is the best medicine, I am part of its corrupt pharmaceutical lobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan200 Click here to enlarge
    Giving negative feedback get them moving usually.
    Ye

Yeah, I found that worked with the last seller, this one not so as I already gave negative...

I hope my recent spat of experiences turn around, I have been a Ebay member since 1998, that is 17 years of Ebay buying and selling... And up until about 12 months ago I never had a horrible experience nor gave negative feedback, but that changed on a dime...

To put in perspective I have 3 Ebay accounts (one personal, one incognito personal/business and one business) and the combined feedback of my 3 accounts is 800+ knowing not everyone gives feedback I'll bet I have 1200+ Ebay buys/sells that averages out to about about one or two a week over the last 17 years on average... So it's not like I'm just a casual user that doesn't have a history to reference...

If anyone is curious about the incognito account, I set that up years ago for a good reason... Ebay has since changed a lot of privacy settings, but back in the day you could click on a bidding members profile and see everything else they were bidding on at that time (now it only shows the category of your current bids, not the exact auction)... Anyway the reason I set it up is that, I heard through the grape vine that a fellow collector of the same type of items I used to buy and flip was too lazy to actually search and find the items himself... I would do extensive searches on misspellings, or wrong descriptions trying to find a deal that no one else was bidding on... His game was that he had a list of other Ebayer's and would simply pull up their profiles and see what they were bidding on and then bid against them, he would also look at other collectors feedback to see what they were buying to get an idea of how much you were spending... Anyway I did exactly what the birdy said he was doing and low and behold he was right, that guy was bidding on pretty much every auction I and fellow collectors were, so I set up the incognito account and made my feedback private for that account to throw him off his game and it worked, he never bid against that incognito account...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    1200+ Ebay buys/sells LOL i i just bought my second thing from ebay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Ebay customer support is about as brain dead as a rock, actually I think rocks have more brains or are least more useful and helpful...

I just spent 35 minutes on the phone with 2 customer service reps (one supposedly a 'returns specialist') both absolutely and utterly clueless beyond words...

In my return dispute on Ebay this is the page I'm currently presented with...

Click here to enlarge

At the bottom of that page I have three choices "Enter Tracking Info" "Contact Seller" or "Close the Request"

So for the last 4 days I have used the contact seller button asking for them to provide the pre-paid return shipping, they won't reply... So i don't have a label, thus no way to ship, thus no tracking info...

The brain dead Ebay customer service reps (both) tell me to scroll down and I will see that the seller provided me with their return address and it's now my job to ship the item back and enter the tracking number... I tell the idiot customer service dolts at Ebay to scroll back up and look at step 1, where it clearly states the seller is supposed to provide a return label and pay for shipping, not just provide their address... Thus I am unable to ship the item back or enter tracking as they have failed to provide the paid for return shipping label as they are required to do so, so that I can ship it back...

So I go round and round with these idiots over this, and heard 'I see, let me look into that' about 50 flippin' times... They keep insisting it's up to me to ship the item back now even though I keep telling them that the seller has not provided the return label to do so like they are mandated to...

In the end I accomplished zero, the original disputes said that come July 31 if the seller and I had not worked it out that Ebay would step in and make it right, now they are telling me that because the seller initially responded the clock is reset and now the intervention date is Aug 2 at the soonest...

So I get to go trough the entire phone debacle again on Sunday, hopefully a helpful rock answers the phone Sunday...
    Last edited by Meep; 07-31-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think this is worth your time

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with komodo - it is already so negative even if the item becomes a FREE item with FREE ship with FREE ice cream. The anger level is so high no way to come out to the good. But then again I would have already taken a sledge hammer to the back of the vehicle as well by now.

I fix all material items 1 of 2 ways a big fire or a big hammer both give me great joy either way, the fire gives a higher degree of joy because I can roast a hot dog followed by a marsh mallow.

oh and P.S.
    another fabulous toy tool is the ever wonderful Cutting Torch a.k.a. "The GAS AXE" or for the gamers "The Fire Axe"
    Last edited by fishyman65712; 07-31-2015 at 10:17 PM.
    Life and Attitude are a choice the real question is are you making a Good One.

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by komodo182 Click here to enlarge
    I dont think this is worth your time
    Since I have the free time it's worth it to me on principle not money... The fact that so many never push the issue or follow through is exactly why sellers bully the next guy, one of those if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem issues... No skin off my back to call them and vent at their stupidity, when I have a spare half hour to blow...
    Last edited by Meep; 07-31-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If u get a shipping label put it on a washing machine filled with concrete and ship them that freight collect LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan200 Click here to enlarge
    If u get a shipping label put it on a washing machine filled with concrete and ship them that freight collect LOL
    LOL...

Well apparently you just need to keep calling Ebay back until you get a customer service representative that is actually fluent in English and knows their return policy rules...

I called back today and the customer service rep instantly noticed the seller had not paid for return shipping yet and that they have had a week to do so, no argument or anything on my part... The rep even chuckled about how prohibitively expensive return shipping would have been... They instantly issued me a refund at the sellers expense and told me to not bother or worry about returning it as the seller had forfeited their right to a return by not issuing the pre-paid return label in a timely fashion...

Post Thanks / Like
    Our shop gets scammers all the time. My boss plays with them once in a while. We sent sand to Egypt once.

Google 419 scambait if yer bored. Some epic stuff there. Guys make a hobby out of messing with Nigerian peeps tryin to commit fraud.

Glad you got stuff worked out mostly

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it worked out

Post Thanks / Like
    The

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL im having fun on ebay
    this guy jinbostore is offering me a .05 refund on a .77 item that is broke Click here to enlarge Man i hope he wants me to send it back.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast