RULES and TERMS OF SERVICE
(AKA Terms and conditions)
Please read carefully the following Term and Conditions. By participating in our website as a member you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the said Terms and Conditions.
Information required upon registration for each participant on DIYfishkeepers must be accurate and complete. You must update such information as needed in order to ensure that the information remains to be accurate and complete.
Use of Member ID and Password
DIYfishkeepers assumes that all activities made using your Member ID and password are authorized by you.
You agree to:
1) Not post anything that: (a) infringes any third-party intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights, (b) is knowingly false, and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law or regulation, (c) contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, and (d) promotes piracy.
2) As each forum is specifically tailored to address certain topics, you are responsible for initiating new threads in the correct forum. You should stay on-topic at all times. The appropriate content for each forum is described in detail on the DIYfishkeepers forums homepage.
3) You agree not to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from the DIYfishkeepers Administrator. All such requests for permission should be directed through the Administrative forum.
4) "Impersonation," or assuming the character of another member by copying his username and manner of writing, is not allowed.
5) "Multiple User Names," or assuming the character of more than one member by using more than one username and manner of writing, is not allowed.
6) "Flaming," or lashing out at other participants or displaying repeated dissatisfaction of DIYfishkeepers Administration and corrective actions, is strictly forbidden. Proper etiquette is required for participation in DIYfishkeepers.
7) "Spamming," or sending unsolicited electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings, in any form, is strictly forbidden.
8) "Trolling," or posting insulting or deliberately divisive threads/replies for the purpose of (1) harvesting retaliatory insults and flames, or (2) throwing off the balance of the forum, is also disallowed.
9) You agree not to use the DIYfishkeepers forums to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors, which includes direct posts, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet, without permission from the DIYfishkeepers Administrator. You may, however, include URLs or active links to commercial sites, reasonable in number, only for the sole purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions.
10) You agree not to use DIYfishkeepers as a way to draw users away to your own site. You shall not use PM's to do this either. We do not allow diverting traffic/users/members away from DIYfishkeepers without expressed permission from the owner of DIYfishkeepers. This includes asking our members to check out your own site or forum. Doing so will result in an immediate deletion of the post, and possible banning. This is also not permitted via PM's or emails.
11) You agree that you will not incorporate any word in your name, Message ID or custom user title or Avatar, that is defamatory, obscene or profane, or which violates any trademark, service mark, or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of any third party, including, without limitation, that of DIYfishkeepers.
12) Freedom of Speech:
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to this privately owned website. The rules of this website governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result will render a disabling of your account.
13) Signatures: If you are not an "DIYfishkeepers supporter" you may not have an image any large than 400x60 in your signature. Advertisements or links to websites in signatures are not permitted. Unauthorized links may be deleted and a warning may be issued at the discretion of the moderator.
14) Avatars: Business logos are not permitted. In selecting an avatar, you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum.
Avatars must conform with posted guidelines and forum rules with respect to posts, images and signatures.
We ask that you please be considerate to other forum users when selecting your avatar image.
Inappropriate or offensive avatars will be removed at our discretion. Users abusing these rules will be warned and /or may lose their avatar privileges or forum privileges.
15) Personal Attacks:
Our first priority is to the members that have come here because of the flame-free atmosphere we provide. There is a zero-tolerance policy here against personal attacks. We will not tolerate anyone insulting another individual's opinion nor name calling and will BAN repeat offenders.
16: Foul Language:
Contrary to popular belief, this is not a public board. We are all guests here. DIYfishkeepers has the right to edit posts that violate our forum guidelines or remove members at any time. Nothing should ever be posted here that you would not say in front of a crowd of strangers. Don't post anything distasteful or anything you feel might offend someone else.
17) Multiple or Shared accounts are not permitted
When you join, create one account, be certain you're satisfied with your forum name, and keep it. Be sure to choose your user name carefully. If you wish to change your user name for whatever reason, please contact an administrator.
DO NOT create more then one account for any reason. It is not permitted under any circumstances. Contact the forum owner if you need to make changes to an existing account.
18) Advertising and solicitations are NOT permitted.
No advertising, marketing, or promoting anything on the forum. Period.
19) ZERO drama policy
This is a fish site. Dont not come here to pick fights, stir the pot, etc...
This is a fish site, not town hall. Leave the politics at the door.
If you are seen as someone who is simply posting to troll someone, piss someone off, stir the pot, aggravate, harass, annoy, etc... You will be banned.
DIYfishkeepers is not a place to use to harass someone over something that happened off the forum. DO NOT BRING YOUR PROBLEMS HERE. If the issue has nothing to do with DIYfishkeepers, do not expect to be able to resolve it here either.
DIYfishkeepers is not to be used to "Get back" at anyone. DIYfishkeepers is not a platform to air opinions out about people or businesses.
DIYfishkeepers reserves the right to edit, delete, or prune any and all Messages which, in its sole opinion, violates any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, or is viewed in our judgment as inappropriate at the time of submittal or at anytime thereafter.
DIYfishkeepers may elect, at its sole discretion, to monitor some, all, or no areas of DIYfishkeepers for adherence to these terms and conditions or DIYfishkeepers policies and guidelines. Moderators of DIYfishkeepers control individual forums. Questions about a particular forum should be directed to the respective forum moderator.
Any user who feels that a message is objectionable may request DIYfishkeepers to delete said Message by PM to an Admin or email through DIYfishkeepers. Upon receipt of such a request, DIYfishkeepers will determine, in its sole opinion, if such deletion is necessary. If deemed necessary, DIYfishkeepers will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable period.
DIYfishkeepers does not endorse or recommend any of the opinions or ideas contributed by its users. However, DIYfishkeepers permits others to make judgments about your Messages.
DIYfishkeepers is not responsible for any and all Messages expressed in the DIYfishkeepers forums. DIYfishkeepers does not attempt to control or validate any comments or recommendations provided by the participants and is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Messages. Therefore, you bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the Messages.
Information contained in the DIYfishkeepers forums, including but not limited to those relating to law or medicine or other fields, is not intended to substitute for the advice or opinion of your own lawyer or physician or professional adviser. You agree not to rely solely on any of the advise or opinion expressed. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall DIYfishkeepers be liable for any reliance on any such information, nor shall DIYfishkeepers be liable for any direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the information in DIYfishkeepers.
DIYfishkeepers does not endorse or recommend any posts which encourage the shipping of invasive species (plant or animal) and prohibits the use or said use of illegal activates.
DIYfishkeepers will not allow any posts which incorporate politics or religion in any form in the forums. This includes but is not limited to words and/or insinuations in avatars, posts, and/or signatures. DIYfishkeepers will make every effort to remove any such avatars, posts, and/or signatures which does such with editing and/or deleting as deemed necessary.
DIYfishkeepers will not allow nudity in any form in the forums. This includes but is not limited to avatars, words and/or insinuations in avatars, posts, and/or signatures. DIYfishkeepers will make every effort to remove any such avatars, posts, and/or signatures which does such with editing and/or deleting as deemed necessary.
DIYfishkeepers collects information during the registration process to operate the site ("Registration Information"). It collects non-personally identifiable information (often referred to as demographic information) such as: country, region or city, zip or postal code, gender, birth date and occupation. You may update your Registration Information any time by clicking the "Settings" link found on the horizontal black bar on the upper part of any DIYfishkeepers page.
Your Registration Information is used only for demographic statistics. DIYfishkeepers keeps all of your Personal Information private and does not share it with any third parties. DIYfishkeepers will not disclose your Personal Information unless acting under a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of DIYfishkeepers; (3) enforce the User Agreement; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others.
A special registration form during contests/promos may be used for the purpose of gathering demographic information from the contest/promo participants. This information can be shared with the contest/promo sponsors depending on DIYfishkeepers's agreement with them.
DIYfishkeepers will not send you any unsolicited information, including e-mail, unless you choose otherwise. DIYfishkeepers may also send periodic member letters to announce important service changes, new features, and technical issue updates.
If at any time you believe that DIYfishkeepers has not adhered to these principles, please notify a moderator, or the administrator and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
Limitation of Use
DIYfishkeepers reserves the right to limit the use of DIYfishkeepers forums to any individual or group at any time.
Without the prior written consent of DIYfishkeepers, you may not (a) use any automated means to access the site or collect any information from the DIYfishkeepers website (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts), or (b) frame the site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
DIYfishkeepers reserves the rights to do as they see fit with any posts and pictures posted on DIYfishkeepers.
DIYfishkeepers reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Such amended terms and conditions shall be effective when posted at the DIYfishkeepers website.
DIYfishkeepers reserves the right to terminate your use of DIYfishkeepers at anytime, with or without notice. Following termination, at its sole option, DIYfishkeepers may remove some or all of your Messages from the DIYfishkeepers website or leave it available for public review, without need of notice or approval from you.
All posts and pictures submitted on the forum, will become property of DIYfishkeepers. DIYfishkeepers may do as they choose with this material(posts, pictures,etc) If you dont not wish to have anything done with a picture or post, please state as such in your picture or post that it may not be used without your permission.
By registering on DIYfishkeepers and using the forum in any form, you agree to our forum rules.
Terms of service:
LIABILITY: In no event shall DIYfishkeepers be liable to any party for any loss or damage, including but not limited to lost revenues or profits or special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages (howsoever arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with the DIYfishkeepers website, its services or this Agreement.
CONTROL OF INFORMATION: You acknowledge that DIYfishkeepers does not control the information available on the message boards, chat rooms and other user and member-generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages are those of their respective authors and they are solely liable for their content. Although DIYfishkeepers may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, message boards and other user and member-generated pages on this web site, neither DIYfishkeepers nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors is under any obligation to do so. DIYfishkeepers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, message boards or on any other user or member-generated pages.
DIYfishkeepers disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material in the DIYfishkeepers forums.
DIYfishkeepers disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of Messages.
DIYfishkeepers disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material through DIYfishkeepers.
The DIYfishkeepers web site and services are provided "as is," and DIYfishkeepers and its co-brand partners expressly disclaim all warranties or conditions of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory), including without limitation the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, DIYfishkeepers does not promise or warrant to you that any aspect of the web site and system will work properly or will be available continuously.
OWNERSHIP OF POSTS: Any communication or material you post or transmit is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant DIYfishkeepers the right to display this material on its web sites. DIYfishkeepers makes no ownership claims to any material you post or transmit and agrees that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator, with individual exceptions such as contest entries specifically labeled as such when solicited.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Your use of this web site is at your own risk. Neither DIYfishkeepers, nor any of its agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the services of this web site and the information available on this web site or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on this web site. You hereby waive any and all claims against DIYfishkeepers arising out of your use of the services of this web site and the information available thereon. DIYfishkeepers does not review or monitor any web sites linked to the member-generated content of this web site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
PRIVACY: We will not offer any information about you to any company. However, you should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, street address, etc.) on a bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.