PDA

View Full Version : Kent Marine Nano Reef A&B Help

TwoTanker
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
So I've been doing just fine with my nano tank, but the new corals haven't been looking so hot. I ruled it to be that my tank was missing trace elements that the newer corals needed. I picked up the Kent Marine Nano Reef mixture. I've noticed that when I add it the Polyps look a lot better but the Pulsing xena tend to get a little iffy. So I kind of stopped using it. I decided to try it again, but maybe use it a little differently. Normally every water change I would dose it for 20 gallons. I'm wondering If I could just add it to the water I'm going to put in it before hand while I'm mixing the salt? Or If I should only be dosing for the 3-5 gallons of water I change?

reefin
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
So do you test your water parameters before you add anything? ? When you add Kent Marine Nano Reef A&B it is a ph stabilizer but some of the other elements in your water may already be ok and by adding this you could be sending others out of whack, elevated levels of magnesium and other elements may upset one coral and please another.

sirreal
01-14-2013, 05:17 AM
I agree with reefin. dont dose anything if you dont know what your parameters are. Also what are you running for light? I find in my cubes my lights are the most important thing to get my corals to react

reefin
01-14-2013, 08:30 AM
I agree with reefin. dont dose anything if you dont know what your parameters are. Also what are you running for light? I find in my cubes my lights are the most important thing to get my corals to react

Good point as well sirreal!