PDA

View Full Version : Cycled 20g

CrazyEyes
06-22-2012, 12:24 AM
So here's the story again, I setup my 20g SW tank 12 days ago. Day 5 added a single damsel. Today is day 12, I checked the entire system. I am extremely happy this is going relatively smooth. I am not jumping into new fish just as of yet. Still going to let the damsel play around in there for another week or two and make sure it is 100% stable. But, I think it's well on it's way.

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
High range Ph-8.0
SG-1.023
Tank temp-77 degrees Fahrenheit.

Kat
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
how was the tank set up? Dry rock and sand? or live rock and sand? was there air contact for die off? if you did it the way I personally would, then you won't have a cycle...so a bit more info would be great.

CrazyEyes
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Absolutely. As I stated before it is a 20g. It has 25lbs of live sand which makes for a nice sand bed. It currently has about 12lbs of LR(Yes I know I need a little more.) I have been adding a cap of MicroBacter7 everyday. Yes, there was air contact. At first the entire tank was open but about a week ago I had a glass lid which still allows some air contact. The tank is being supported on a Fluval 304 canister filter with a AquaClear 30 powerhead. Also at first I had a single 48" 15k t8 florescent light on it, I had it on about an hour a day. As of a week ago I now have a Marineland LED setup which is on day light from 8am-7:30pm then it is on lunar lights throughout the night.

CrazyEyes
06-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Tested water again two days in row. Today I went to the LFS and picked up a Randalli Goby and a SW hermit crab. Also picked up about 4lbs of LR. I also added a black background to the tank and wow what a difference. My damsel was a little skittish at first with the addition of LR and new occupants but he is fine now. But the goby is still very skittish and have yet seen him. And the crab is very very active :-).

Yesterday
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
High range Ph-8.0
SG-1.022

Today
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
High range Ph-8.0
SG-1.023

h2so4hurts
06-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Have you been doing water changes? You should have pretty high nitrates after the initial cycle.

CrazyEyes
06-24-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm going to check the tank again today. And I was actually going to go get some water today but, Florida is under attack from rain and I'd rather stay at home today :lol: